2011/12/23

Sickness

I have to rush to make it out before the sickness takes affect

So I jump up as fast as my feet allow

Getting dressed is no problem because when I’m with you I never seem to take anything off

When the cool air hits my face, I take a grateful breath


I still have that interesting tangy sweet mixture in my mouth

A mixture that a know can be nothing but your taste so I spit to rid myself of it

A vain attempt to fight my addiction to you

However, as I raise my hands to my face your sickly sweet scent is still lingering on my fingers

God how it makes me sick

I have to get away before the sickness takes me completely over

I can hear you calling my name I know you want me to stay

But I have to get away before the sickness takes me over

Before you take me over

No comments:

Post a Comment